Since its inception in 2004, Save The Poudre has focused on restoring the Cache la Poudre River in addition to fighting and stopping proposed dam projects. This restoration activity has included:
- Protecting the floodplain and natural areas.
- Removing unnecessary dams.
- Helping to instigate and support the construction of the “whitewater park” in downtown Fort Collins.
- Educating youth about the Poudre River ecosystem.
- Promoting “instream flows” in the river.
- Removing unnecessary dams, including the Josh Ames Dam.
- Serving on community groups that promote river restoration.
- and various other activities.
Contact us if you want to learn more about river restoration and how you can get involved.